Autor Wątek: Why is the Switch so much more popular than the Wii U?  (Przeczytany 410 razy)

0 użytkowników i 1 Gość przegląda ten wątek.

Offline techbud

• Nowy Forumowicz
Why is the Switch so much more popular than the Wii U?
« dnia: Wrzesień 12, 2019, 01:34:52 »
Granted, I bought a Switch but not a Wii U but I was in college when it was big and mainly played Melee. But I'm very curious why the Wii U did so poorly (link to Nintendo console sales figures here) after a wildly successful Wii system. Lack of software can't explain it, it's not like the Switch had that many games to start off either. And the concept of the Switch is very similar to the Wii U. I do think the Wii U's name sucked but I can't imagine that caused it alone (also I imagine that Nintendo had focus groups on the name while planning it). So what exactly is it? Portability alone? I don't know that many people where that's the main thing they get out of the Switch. But it's got to be something.

Offline techbud

• Nowy Forumowicz
Odp: Why is the Switch so much more popular than the Wii U?
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: Wrzesień 16, 2019, 00:12:10 »
Granted, I bought a Switch but not a Wii U but I was in college when it was big and mainly played Melee. But I'm very curious why the Wii U did so poorly (link to Nintendo console sales figures here) after a wildly successful Wii system. Lack of software can't explain it, it's not like the Switch had that many games to start off either. And the concept of the Switch is very similar to the Wii U.  whatsapp web 192.168.0.1 routerloginI do think the Wii U's name sucked but I can't imagine that caused it alone (also I imagine that Nintendo had focus groups on the name while planning it). So what exactly is it? Portability alone? I don't know that many people where that's the main thing they get out of the Switch. But it's got to be something.

my issue got solved!

Offline MsbS

• I Am Robot
Odp: Why is the Switch so much more popular than the Wii U?
« Odpowiedź #2 dnia: Wrzesień 16, 2019, 11:45:05 »